After 1 July

After 1 july quarter-finals of 2006 FIFA WorldCup, we saw different reactions from players & coachs. In below some of them are followed:

Consequences of France-Brazil Match:

Parreira takes blame for defeat

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has taken responsibility for the holders' 1-0 defeat to France in Saturday's quarter-final encounter.
Parreira said: "I would like to thank the players. I didn't do my job as my job was to get to the final. "In Brazil when the national team loses the coach is to blame so I believe we will follow this script once again. "We never prepared for this moment.


This is a very difficult moment for all of us," he added. Parreira lavished praise on France's performance. "We were beaten by a very strong team who played an impeccable match," said Parreira. "There should have been at least one South American team in the semi-finals, its a shame for world football. "We made some silly mistakes and that cost us. "We had not expected to go out so early. Henry and Zidane were very dangerous. "I am not worried about my contract - it's something to sort out in Brazil when we get back after the World Cup." Ronaldinho, who endured a disappointing tournament, added: "It's always sad when a team that's used to winning suffers a letdown like this. "Now is the time to settle down and start thinking about what's next, and Brazil's future."



Zidane hails beautiful victory French playmaker Zinedine Zidane has described the 1-0 quarter-final win over Brazil as "beautiful". Zidane, who was inspirational on the night, said: "We needed a great match and we delivered. We knew we would have to be fit physically and we were. "
We fought closely together for a well-deserved victory. Now we'll try to win a place in the final. "This is so beautiful, we want it to carry on," added Zidane, who retires after the World Cup. Coach Raymond Domenech, whose side now face Portugal in the semi-finals, was ovberwhelmed by the performanc of his ageing team. Of course this is fantastic, exciting and everything but this is just a step forward," said Domenech. "What we want is the final and we have another match to win to get there."
"It was extraordinary. Sometimes there aren't any words to describe what you're experiencing,” said Domenech.
"I tackled with them, I shot with them. The old men are still around. "Portugal won't be easy but for the moment, let me enjoy this. There's only football to offer you great moments like this." Domenech said, his players should follow Zidane's example.
"He's playing so well because he realises the end of his career is near and he is giving it all he has," the coach said. "I would like all the players to play the next match as if it were their last." Goalscorer Henry said the game had gone according to plan. "We played well. We didn't steal anything from anybody. We had a tactical plan and it worked perfectly," he said. "We wanted to prove after what happened in 2002 that we were not rubbish," he added, referring to France's humiliating exit four years ago.


Consequences of England-Portugal Match:

Scolari praises England

Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari praised England's courage after their dramatic World Cup quarter-final. England lost on penalties after holding on for almost an hour with 10 men following Wayne Rooney's dismissal.
"Congratulations to England, with 10 players they were incredible - it was an electrifying match," said Scolari. "We didn't take advantage, we shot too much from outside the area. England closed the way to goal very well and it was like playing against 11."
"I think it was a wonderful match, a really fine match. everything that we want from a football match in a good sense," Scolari said.
"There was passion, there were opportunities, the players were happy to play match like this and only penalties could decide who was the winner," he added.
"We have a possibility of victory in the next game as well and we get to the final," Scolari told Portugal's SIC television.
"But in principle, we are taking things step by step. We would be happy with any adversary." For the second successive tournament Portugal keeper Ricardo emerged as their saviour after stopping three of England's four penalties in the shoot-out.
He said: "It was great. I managed to stop three of them. I'm really happy." Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo scored the winning penalty and added: "I'm full of confidence and I shoot strong. "I was tired in the second half but I haven't played for a week so it was OK." Portugal will now face France on Wednesday for a place in the final. "We have four days to recover now so I think everyone's going to be ready," Ronaldo said.




Beckham stands down as captain
David Beckham has decided to resign as England captain after holding the position for six years. But the 31-year-old midfielder player wants to continue his international career.
"I feel the time is right to pass on the armband as we enter a new era under new coach Steve McClaren," said Beckham.
It was England caretaker manager Peter Taylor who made Beckham captain in 2000. "On 15 November 2000 Peter Taylor gave me the greatest honour of my career in making me the captain of England, fulfilling my childhood dream,” he continued.
"It has been an honour and a privilege to have captained our country and I want to stress that I wish to continue to play for England and look forward to helping both the new captain and Steve McClaren in any way I can. "
I came to this decision some time ago but I had hoped to announce it on the back of a successful World Cup. Sadly that wasn't to be. "This decision has been the most difficult of my career to date. But after discussing it with my family and those closest to me I feel the time is right. "Our performance during this World Cup has not been enough to progress further and both myself and all the players regret that and are hurt by that more than people realise.
"I wish to thank all the players for their support during my time as captain, as well as Peter Taylor, Sven and all the coaches. "I would also like to thank the press and, of course, all the England supporters who have both been great to me and my team-mates. I want them to know for me it has been an absolute honour. "
Finally, I have lived the dream, I am extremely proud to have worn the armband and been captain of England and for that I will always be grateful." Sevn Goran Eriksson said of Beckham's decision: "He's been a very good captain and very proud to do the job. "I was a bit surprised when he told me but you have to respect his decision. "It is now Steve McClaren's job to decide on Beckham's successor. He has a lot of choices that are more than capable of doing the job. It is very much up to him."

Send to friend:  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home