brazil soccer fan

Paulo Coelho is an author , a very successful one.
He also is Brazilian, and that makes him a soccer fan, too.
"Brazilians are born with a love for two things, music and football," said Coelho, author of the best seller "The Alchemist." "I should say straight away that, for me, life and football are two very different matters. Generally I'm fairly tolerant, but football and the Brazilian team bring out my prejudiced side."








That "side" of him started in earnest about 48 years ago.
"When I was 10 years old, one of my biggest dreams came true: Brazil won the 1958 World Cup," Coelho told FIFAworldcup.com. "There was no TV, so we followed the games on the radio and had to imagine what was happening in Sweden.
"There was a carnival atmosphere in Brazil, which for a child was fantastic."

Coelho has yet to attend a World Cup match, but said he would get to see some in Germany this year.
"I'm making up for it this year by going to the opening match, and all the Brazil games," Coelho said. "I hope we get to the final."

Send to friend:  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home